Thursday, May 30, 2013

Crochet Chunky Bib Necklace

So I've finally figured out what to do with more of that cool remnant jersey knit yarn I bought on Etsy. I  crocheted it into a chunky bib necklace.  Check it out! I'm in LOVE with it!

It took me an evening to figure out just the right pattern to make it curve gracefully and lie flat.  After I finally crocheted the necklace I realized it needed something......more.  Something with pizazz. So I raided my tools and supplies. Eventually I made it into my husband's accessory drawer (which mostly consists of belt buckles, knives, and cuff links. I found this chain that he bought from the Inch of Gold table on our cruise several years ago. He had never worn it--not even once! So I snatched it and had some fun weaving and stitching it into my necklace. 

When I had finished I showed it to my husband, who had no idea that I had stolen his chain. When he finally figured it out, he wasn't upset (thankfully). I think he realized it looked cooler on the necklace than around his own neck!

So now I've got a little bit of chain left--I MUST attempt a bracelet with it! 

Hmmm. Now I want to make more of these.  Guess I'm off to shop for supplies!!
                                      



No comments:

Post a Comment